TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to ACT on it: Mindfulness for Teens (the Platform and any Apps). These Terms and Conditions (Terms) apply to the use of ACT on it. By installing, accessing or using ACT on it, you will be deemed to accept these Terms. If you do not wish to accept these Terms, you must not use ACT on it or install the Apps.
- ABOUT US
ACT on it is a non-profit charity in Melbourne, Australia. We are supported and sponsored by Mindful Creation and the R E Ross Trust. We’re working on a smartphone app, based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). It’s called ACT on it (the same name as our charity!) and will be 100% free. This app will be accessible for teenagers, yet suitable for all.
As a user of ACT on it (the Platform and/or the Apps), you agree to be bound by these Terms which may be updated from time to time. By downloading, accessing or using ACT on it, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable licence to download, install, access and use the ACT On It Platform or App on one authorised device (the Licensed Device), solely for use by you for your own personal use in accordance with these Terms and the Usage Rules set out in the terms of service application to the relevant App Store.
As a condition of your use of ACT on it, you warrant to us that you will not use ACT on it for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms. In particular, you agree you:
- are responsible for your use of the ACT on it;
- are over the age of 12 years old;
- you have obtained the consent of a parent or guardian if you are under 18 years old;
- accept full responsibility for any unauthorised use of ACT on itby minors under 18 years old;
- will not transfer your ACT on it account to anyone;
- are solely responsible for all data or network charges incurred using ACT on it;
- are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of ACT on itpassword;
- will not disclose your password to any third party or breach the security of your password;
- will not use your ACT on itaccount to engage in any illegal conduct or activity or to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend any person;
- will not publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- will not engage in or promote any third-party surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via ACT on itor the Apps;
- will not impersonate any other person or entity;
- will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using ACT on it, any material that you do not have a right to make available; and
- will not breach any laws which are applicable to your use of ACT on itin your jurisdiction.
We reserve the right to remove, reclaim or force forfeiture of any username and account at any time and for any reason, including but without limitation to, usernames which are offensive, violate our Intellectual Property rights, or which may mislead other users.
ACT on it may also link to third-party apps and websites. These links may or may not be our affiliates, and please note that we have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, content, privacy policies or practices of third-party apps and sites. By agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage incurred by interaction with third-party apps and sites. We encourage all users to read the Terms and Privacy Policies of any third-party websites or apps that may be visited.
You and your healthcare professionals may rely on content created, stored or uploaded by you on ACT on it. You are responsible for all content created, stored or uploaded when using ACT on it. You are entirely responsible for any reliance made on any content you create on Happiness Central. In addition, any information or details or comments and opinions that you send to another person using information or material from ACT on it, are your sole responsibility. We are not liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any communication made by you in relation to information or material or any loss or damage incurred as a result from use of that information or material from ACT on it.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
We may use information to publish aggregate statistics about usage, membership, traffic patterns and other related site information that does not personally identify you. This is important to ensure that our content and services continue to meet the needs of all our users and members. We may also use information to conduct research activities. The information we collect about users remains anonymous and is not linked to any personal information.
Unless we otherwise have your express permission, we will only use and disclose your personal information to fulfil the purposes as described above.
7. Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights including all trade-marks (whether registered or not) and copyright in all materials (collectively the Intellectual Property) is proprietary to ACT on it or our affiliates. You acquire no rights in or to any aspect of any Intellectual Property other than the limited right to use the Intellectual Property in accordance with these Terms. You may not copy, distribute, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or merge any of the Intellectual Property.
You are provided with access to ACT on it for your personal and non-commercial use only. Except for these purposes and for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you may not, in any form or by any means adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the material provided by ACT on it or our affiliates. In addition, you may not at any time, commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of ACT on it or our affiliates.
You must not use our Intellectual Property:
- in or as the whole or part of your own;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not those of ACT on itor our affiliates;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services.
These Terms are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws in force in Victoria and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts having jurisdiction there.
If any of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or illegal, that term will be struck out for that jurisdiction only and the remaining terms will remain in full force.
If you have any questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org